- The first point of contact for everyone entering the facility is the front desk. You are the ambassadors for Mapleridge. You need to be friendly, helpful, and welcoming to everyone who visits Mapleridge and to provide administrative support to programs/services offered to members.
- Greet people coming into the Centre in a friendly manner; help them find the person or information that they are looking for.
- Answer phones in a friendly and courteous manner and direct calls
- Provide information as needed
- Provide tours of the facility
- Promote programs and events
Depending of shift- Closing building at night if needed.
- Process New/Renewed memberships
- Handle money for 50/50 tickets or other special events
- Collect user fees from daily programs
- Prepare Tea/Coffee and replenish cookies for all program breaks during specific shift
- Loading & unloading dishwasher with coffee cups
- One shift per week. Possibly more depending on call-ins
- 8:30am-12pm or 12pm-4pm or 4pm- closing (depending on the day)
Experience/Skills & Qualities
- Reliable, friendly, organized and helpful
- Past experience in a busy office reception area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with a partner at the front desk or alone when the need arises
- Able to make regularly scheduled time commitment
- Comfortable handling small amounts of cash. Ability to balance the cash sheets at the end of each shift
- Able to deal comfortably and confidently with multi-tasking