This position serves both alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages at both private and centre events. They represent Mapleridge in a professional manner and ensure patron safety. This position could be a paid position depending on the event.
- Unlock and open the facility (if required) ensure there are no hazards to patrons
- Setup the bar according to the event.
- Restock the bar fridge at the end of the event, courtesy for the next attendant
- Serve the patrons in a friendly manner, making sure they are not over-served
- For Saturday night dances, setup the tea & coffee, turn down the heating, sell 50/50 tickets.
- Load & unload dishwasher
- Close the facility after confirming everyone has left; shut off lights; lock up and set the alarm code
- Must have current “Smart Serve” Certificate
- A fully paid member of Mapleridge is good standing
- Reliable, friendly, organized and helpful
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work alone
- Able to make regularly scheduled time commitment
- Comfortable handling small amounts of cash
- Past experience in hotel, bar, or restaurant setting is helpful
- Able to deal comfortably and confidently with multi-tasking
- Saturday night dance shift involves approx. 6.5 hours from 6pm-12am depending on how quickly the DJ removes his equipment. This shift also requires a commitment one time per month on a Saturday night. Call-ins might be required as well.
- Special Events: Depends on length of event and time- 3-5 hours